DEADLINE: September 25, 2017
Exploring the Arts (ETA) invites arts and academic teachers from ETA Partner Schools to apply for Arts Access Grants to support the arts in their classrooms in the 2017-18 school year.
Applicants will identify and articulate a need that aligns with one of ETA’s three funding priorities:
1. Create new arts classes, majors and programs to help schools increase their capacity to deliver high-quality arts instruction to students.
2. Refine existing arts classes, majors and programs to improve the rigor and quality of arts instruction for students.
3. Integrate the arts into academic classes to support student learning and increase both students’ and teachers’ engagement.
For examples of work ETA has funded in the past, or to workshop your idea, please see the ETA Partner School Network website Project Ideas page or your contact an ETA staff person.
· There is only one grant cycle per school year
· Teachers are only eligible to receive one Arts Access Grant per school year
· Grants will not exceed $2,000
· Grant amount is determined by the proposed budget and ETA’s available funds
Grants MAY be used for:
· Field trips
· Services provided by arts institutions and professional artists
· Arts supplies, materials and equipment
* Academic teachers may request arts supplies and equipment only (i.e. paint, Photoshop); ETA will not purchase academic supplies (i.e. compasses, beakers)
Grants MAY NOT be used for:
· Activities that happen after school, during lunchtime or after
· Travel, food or lodging expenses for teachers, guest artists or students
Not all applicants will receive funding. Applicants will be chosen to receive a grant award based on:
· How well the proposal articulates a need in the curriculum and/or student experience, and the extent to which a compelling case is made for how funding can help address that need
· Quality and clarity of the proposed ideas
· Fit with ETA’s funding priorities
· Availability of funds
Application Process & Timeline:
1. Teachers will submit their applications to ETA by Monday, September 25 at 5:00pm.
2. ETA will review and make award decisions within two weeks.
3. Awarded teachers will then have until Friday, November 17 at 5:00pm to work with ETA to expand their abstracts into complete plans and budgets for final approval. Once approved, teachers may start requesting purchases and payments from the grant.
4. Approved plans must be executed during the 2017-18 School Year. Funded activities must conclude by Wednesday, June 6 at 5:00pm. Awarded teachers are required to complete a feedback questionnaire following the completion of their funded work. ETA will also set up a time to visit one of your classes to observe.